Please select a magazine category below to learn more.
CREATE YOUR VERY OWN CUSTOMIZABLE PILLOW PHOTO COLLAGE!
Video courtesy: 5-Minute Crafts; Plaid Crafts
- Wash and iron your pillow cover. Place a piece of wax paper inside the pillow.
- Choose your photos and have them printed with a laser printer. This will not work with an inkjet printer.
- Neatly cut your photos into equal sized squares and assemble in the order you would like them to appear on the pillow.
- Working with one photo at a time, use a foam brush or flat paintbrush to coat the photo with a thick layer of Mod Podge Photo Transfer. The photo should be completely white with no image showing through.
- Flip the photo upside down and place on the pillow with Mod Podge side facing down in its respective order. Smooth with your fingers from the center outwards ensuring that you press the corners and edges so that they stick to the pillow cover.
- Allow to rest for 24 hours before step 7!.
- Damp a sponge in water and gently wet each image. Rest for 2 minutes to allow the water to soak in.
- After 2 minutes, use the wet sponge and working in a circular motion, gently rub off the paper to reveal the image below. You may have to do this step a few times before all the paper is removed.
- Allow to rest again for 72 hours.
- Wash in cold water by hand. Dry flat or line dry.
Mod Pudge is an all-in-one glue, sealer and finish used to attach paper and fabric to various surfaces for all sorts of fun DIY projects. It can be purchased at your local craft store.